June 21, 2011

Wishing you.....

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!!

Today I have a card to share with you that I created for my Grandma's birthday on July 1. :-) I am making sure to be ahead of the game this time. Every year it seems I am forgetting until the minute to make a card.

The svg file I purchased from My Grafico and it came with an svg file for 3 different kinds of blossoms. Now I didn't have any lilac paper laying around so I cut the little blossoms in white and sponged them with Dusty Concord distress ink.

It doesn't totally look like a lilac blossom but I really like the way it turned out. I also sponged the white cardstock from American Crafts with some Old Paper distress ink. Although this card was VERY time consuming, I had a ton of fun making it. It was a bit therapeutic, lol. My kids were playing and I just glued away! :-) I am sharing a picture of my process before I had too much glued on.


I made about 100+ of those little flowers and sponged them with the distress ink. Then I "folded" them, basically just folded the petals up and that left me with a small little base to apply some glue and put it in place. It gave the card some awesome dimension. I wanted to take a picture of what that process looked like but it was so small you couldn't really see anything in the picture, I did try. LOL!! :-)

Note to self: wear gloves!! LOL!!

The sentiment is from Practicing Creativity Designs and stamped with the Dusty Concord distress ink.

I am entering this card in this week's challenge over at The Paper Variety. The challenge is to use 2 different text. When I was choosing the stamps to use for this card (believe it or not I don't have but one or two Happy Birthday stamps, lol) as soon as I saw the different text in the PCD stamp set I knew I wanted to use it so I could enter in the challenge. :-)

Happy Crafting!!

9 comments:

April said...

Leeanne, this is gorgeous!!! Love it. :) Good luck over at TPV!
- April

Lisa Echerd said...

Great card. Lots of work with a beautiful result.

Court said...

Gorgeous Leeanne! It is SUCH a work of art!! I love how you just made the ride color blossoms using ink! So smart!

Karen B. said...

Wow-you have patience! Such a beautiful card!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous Leeanne!!! Love the lilac flower and all of the inking (including your fingers!!!!).

Ashley said...

This is beautiful, I'm sure you'll grandma will love it! I am now a follower. :)

Stop by my new craft blog, Made Especially For You. It's still in its early stages but I promise I have many creative ideas for it!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those are my Mom's FAVE flowers ever!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!!!! JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sherri said...

your card is beautiful. With a bit more white I can also see it as wisteria.

Lorraine said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! Those blossoms are just gorgeous! I bet she loved it.