June 15, 2011

From all of us.....

Good Morning my friends. This morning I am getting ready for my daughter's 8th grade graduation. Ahhh brings tears to my eyes. Really, where has the time gone?? Last night we went to her award ceremony, she won honor roll and outstanding academic achievement! YAY Nicki!!!!

For today I have a card to share with you that I created. This month I have several cards to make, from birthdays, to a Father's Day card (that's right I haven't made it yet which I need to do so I can get it in the mail), a retirement card, and a couple congratulations cards. So last night I created a birthday card for my brother. :-)

When I was making this card I thought to myself whose bright idea was it to have to many darn kids, lol! You will see what I am talking about. So I found this card at June's blog, Simply Elegant Paper Crafts, she won at Fantabulous Cricut for this card. The original source was over at DarleneDesign.com, she has a wonderful tutorial on how to make this card as well as PDF instructions with the measurements. Anywho, here is my card:





So if you have seen this card either at June's blog or Darlene's blog you would see there was only a place for either 3 or 4 owls (she has two styles of cards) but because there are 6 of us (thus my cursing about having so many kids, lol, not really cursing at all, lol) I had to alter the card a bit to fit my family (of owls).

I fussy cut the owls from Jillibean Soup's Spotted Owl Soup collection. The stamp set I used for the "Happy Birthday Bro" is from Practicing Creativity Design. I hand wrote "from all of us".

When I get home from Nicki's graduation I did want to add one more thing to the front of the card, the owls on the paper had balloons, I want to add some to the owl on the front of the card. I think that will look cute. :-)

This card was a little time consuming but SUPER fun! I will be making more in my future. :-)

Thank you June and Darlene for the wonderful inspiration. :-)

That's all for now! Off to Nicki's graduation.

Happy Crafting!!

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, how cute are those owls! What a darling card!

My baby girl just graduated high school last week, boy was I a mess, lol!

April said...

Super cute card Leeanne! Congrats to Nicki...and hugs to you. :) Madison just graduated Kindergarten and Emily just graduated the 5th grade so I know a little bit about how you're feeling!
- April

Debbie said...

Cute card Leeanne!!! Congrats on the awards Nicki received!!! Enjoy her special day today. Yes, they do grow up to fast!!

Court said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVe that owl card! I saw June's when she did it and thought it was just too cute!!! Well done Leeanne! LOVE Jillibean soup too! :) Congrats Nicki!!!

June Houck said...

I like your improved version! Your owls are so cute; I love those eyes. Thank you for the shout out...that Darlene sure inspired "owl" of us :)

Diana Fisher said...

That is amazing and adorable! :)

Karen B. said...

This is a great piece, and so darn cute!

Lisa Echerd said...

Adorable card, love how you used the owls.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS Nicki!!! And loving that card! I loveeeeeee what you did with the owls! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Abby Beard said...

Oh so cute!! I've been wanting to try one of these card types for a while. I love those party owls! Especially the framed one on the front - too cute!

Congrats Nicki! :)