May 27, 2010

Twisted Sketch #051

Wow, I have been a slacker. I always have a hard time getting to craft when Tony has the day off and he had Tuesday and Wednesday off. Yesterday we ended up in the kitchen cooking for most of the day. We always make bulk food when he has off and hope it lasts a week or two. We made 51 tortillas, 35 breakfast burritos, 25 pancakes, 16 french toast, a loaf of bread, granola, 14 biscuits and then dinner.....with a family of 6 we need to cook a lot of our food from scratch. It saves a lot of money and keeps us from eating out. We have only eaten out twice in the last 10 months or so and we only did because it was one of our birthdays.

Ok so on with today's challenge. It was over at Twisted Sketches. I am so glad I came upon this blog, not only do that have such a sweet DT but awesome sketches that totally help me get in the craft groove. I have at least 4 scrapbooks to make and if it wasn't for their weekly scrapbook layout sketch I may never get them done. I have only participated in 2 of those challenges but if I continue, before I know it I will be all caught up with my books. LOL!


Here is the sketch:




And here is my layout:

I don't know why but this layout came together so smooth. My mojo the last week has been a little hazy. I sit down and try to create something and immediately my head starts to hurt. I am not sure what is wrong with me but this layout turned out just the way I had hoped. So I started with a 12x12 piece of pattern paper from Pebbles Inc. It is called Bundle from the Lil Buddy collection. Super cute pattern paper. All of the letters and the top note was cut with my Cricut. I am not sure if you can see it but the band above the date is my wrist band, worn when I was in the hospital. With each of my kids I kept one or both of those and put them on their first page of their book with the birth picture. I try to keep as much as I can from that time. All the cardstock is from Stampin' UP! I used Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Brocade Blue and a light blue of some color. You can't really see it but I used 3 brads that are above "bundle". One of them is from Pebbles Inc Twitterpated collection - Tree House Epoxy brads and the other 2 are from SU, the silver hodgepodge hardware kit.

Supplies:

Stamp: none

Ink: Black Micron pen #05

Paper: Lil Buddy collection - Bundle (Pebbles Inc), Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Brocade Blue and a light blue (SU)

Misc: silver brads from hodgepodge hardware kit (SU), Twitterpated - Tree House epoxy brad (Pebbles Inc)

Happy Crafting!!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

OH, this turned out perfectly! what a darling photo and layout! great job with this twisted sketch! thoroughly enjoyed reading your post too! what a doll baby! Great work and TFS!!!!

Vanessa said...

Hey there!
Just wanted to pop by and see what you created with the challenge from twisted sketches..love your page..it is very sweet!

By the way..wow-you cook alot at once! I try to plan ahead and this would be awesome if I could pull it off..lol!

teresamatz said...

great page, thanks for getting twisted with us :)

Star Rork said...

love how your title is center stage, along with the adorable picture! So glad that you have joined us!