May 2, 2010

Practicing Creativity Designs May release

Here is a sneak peek at another super fab stamp set from Practicing Creativity Designs. It will be released May 6. My intension is to show you a card each day until release day. Even though this set is more masculine it has so many options to just make it gender neutral. See me and masculine don't mix well. I always want to add some ribbon or glitter or pretty colors. Men don't like that! So it was a bit of a challenge to make a card but I love this set.

This is probably the first set I have come across with so much testosterone, LOL! Here is why I love this PCD stamp set. Besides the fact that is has awesome images it has a ton of word stamps that you can mix and match to make different sentiments for different occasions. The new set, You're the Man....it includes 13 stamps. You can mix and match what you want the sentiment to say. 9 of them are word stamps. You can have it say "Happy Father's Day, Love you Man, Happy Birthday Bro. I just love that last one because I call my brother bro. Very rarely by his name so I will be making him a card with that sentiment. His birthday is in June. And the options of mix and matching with other PCD sets. Look Up!, You're Dandy, Key to My Heart and For the Love of Dots. All super fab sets that work so well with each other.

Now again keep in mind, I have a hard time not adding ribbon or glitter or a bit of girly colors. So for my card:


When I think of a man's tools or manly things I think of the colors red, silver and black. Kinda like a tool box. My boyfriend has one like that. So I went with a red card base. The cardstock is Stampin' UP! but I am not certain which red it is. The silver paper is Brushed Silver, also from SU. I inked the "tire tracks" with Black Stazon and colored some of it in with a metallic silver marker from American Crafts. The "father's" stamp was inked with Ruby Red SU classic ink pad.

Simple yet masculine. I still want to add something but I am using some self control. Tomorrow I will try and have a card for you with a little more gender neutral to it.

Don't forget this set will be released on May 6 at Artfuldelight.com.

Supplies:

Stamp: You're the Man from PCD available May 6

Ink: Ruby Red from SU and Black Stazon

Paper: red and Brushed Silver cardstock from SU

Misc: metallic silver marker from American Crafts

No comments: